SAVE THE DATE 2020 October 3rd
Houghton’s Pond 840 Hillside St. Milton MA
Questions? write to [email protected]
Our Yearly Hunt this year is scheduled for October 3rd the first weekend in October.
At this time we have no reason to cancel. (5/2020)
Details and registration will be available in the summer of 2020. If you attended in the past and supplied your address you will get a reminder postcard or email.
What Is Our Hunt Like?
What Goes On?
- All hunters are welcome, new to the hobby or old timers! Planned for our previous hunters from surrounding states and for our members. A hobby get together to meet other hunters and see old friends. 100% planned for a fun day.
- Kids welcome if they can hunt on their own, or a parent is helping. Snacks and prizes too.!
- A reasonable price, no pressure to buy products or engage with suppliers. Hunt just the morning/afternoon session if you want. Equal prize worth for both sessions.
- Most of the money for registrations goes into the ground as prizes. We limit participation and are able to budget our spending.
- Convenient spot with bathrooms, plenty of parking. Beautiful park. Planned shelter for weather by the club.
- Limited attendance of 100 hunters for our hunting area. This is our 17th year. No big promo, just our club members working together.
What We Are Not:
- The hunt to end all hunts. Someplace to win a car or huge pile of money. Not a commercial or manufacturer organized super hunt.
- Not an all day and night event.
- Not overpriced, with the intention of making money.
- Not dependent on attendance at any cost.
- No unlimited registration and huge promotion. and no unbudgeted spending. No unfair proportion of prizes to attendance.
- No mysterious locations or “thrilling” unhunted sites.
- No promised but not delivered finds. Not a big day of competition. No souvenirs to hike up the price.
- No parking 2 miles away, expensive eats, need for overnight $$$ accommodations
- Not “right near the highway”, but 300 miles away from our hunters. A long trip for everyone.